- 1 What does the word springboard mean?
- 2 What is a Stringboard?
- 3 What’s another word for springboard?
- 4 What is a springboard object?
- 5 How does a springboard work?
- 6 How do you use the word springboard in a sentence?
- 7 What does crisis mean?
- 8 Is springboarding a word?
- 9 Can springboard be used as a verb?
- 10 What’s another word for platform?
- 11 What is another word for Stepping-Stone?
- 12 What is a synonym for foundation?
- 13 How long is a springboard?
- 14 What is the highest diving platform?
- 15 How do you make a springboard for gymnastics?
What does the word springboard mean?
(Entry 1 of 2) 1: a flexible board usually secured at one end and used for gymnastic stunts or diving. 2: something that helps launch an activity, enterprise, etc. …
What is a Stringboard?
: a board or built-up facing used in stair building to cover the ends of the steps and hide the true string.
What’s another word for springboard?
Springboard Synonyms – WordHippo Thesaurus. What is another word for springboard?
What is a springboard object?
A springboard or diving board is used for diving and is a board that is itself a spring, i.e. a linear flex-spring, of the cantilever type.
How does a springboard work?
Competitive springboard diving involves one or two divers performing spins, twists and somersaults into a pool from a series of heights. Height of the boards range from 1m to 3m, with platform diving going as high as 10m!
How do you use the word springboard in a sentence?
(1) He dived off the springboard and swam down to the shallow end. (2) The 1981 budget was the springboard for an economic miracle. (3) The college debating society was a natural springboard for her career in politics. (4) The TV soap has been a springboard for a lot of careers.
What does crisis mean?
A crisis (plural: ” crises “; adjectival form: “critical”) is any event or period that will lead, or may lead, to an unstable and dangerous situation affecting an individual, group, or all of society. More loosely, a crisis is a testing time or an emergency.
Is springboarding a word?
Present participle of springboard.
Can springboard be used as a verb?
verb ( used with or without object) to impel or launch on or as if on a springboard.
What’s another word for platform?
What is another word for platform?
What is another word for Stepping-Stone?
In this page you can discover 3 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for stepping – stone, like: preliminary- step, springboard and steppingstone.
What is a synonym for foundation?
foundation. Synonyms: institution, establishment, footing, base, basis, origin, ground, groundwork, rudiments, substratum, underlying principle.
How long is a springboard?
The springboard is usually about 2 feet (0.6 m) wide and 4 feet (1.2 m) long. The number of springs in a springboard depends on the gymnast.
What is the highest diving platform?
1. The highest dive. On August 4, 2015 the Swiss diver of Brazilian descent, Lazaro “Laso” Schaller set the world record for diving from the platform, diving from 58.8m (higher than the Tower of Pisa, which measures “only” 56.71 m) and exceeding a speed of 120 km/h at his entry into the water.
How do you make a springboard for gymnastics?
100% wooden springboards are a bit harder to build. Springboard Blueprint
- Start with the 2 long pieces of wood.
- Then take the shorter ones and place one at the end and one in the middle.
- Use the 5 cm wood screws to screw the 4 parts together.
- Then place the 6 metal plates on top (where you want your springs later).