- 1 Who won the 2008 Olympic all-around gold medal in gymnastics?
- 2 Who won the 2008 Olympics?
- 3 Who was the Olympic bar champion in 2008?
- 4 Who was on 2008 Olympic gymnastics team?
- 5 How old were the Chinese gymnasts in 2008?
- 6 Who was the best gymnast in 2008?
- 7 How much money did China spend for the 2008 Olympics?
- 8 Who holds No 1 rank in 2008 Beijing Olympics?
- 9 How many medals did China win in 2008?
- 10 What was Nastia Liukin’s floor score in the 2008 Olympics?
- 11 What was Nastia Liukin’s beam score in the 2008 Olympics?
- 12 What was Nastia Liukin’s best event?
- 13 Is Chellsie Memmel making a comeback?
Who won the 2008 Olympic all-around gold medal in gymnastics?
, 2008 — / BEIJING, Aug. 15, 2008 – Nastia Liukin of Parker, Texas, and Shawn Johnson of West Des Moines, Iowa, won the gold and silver medals, respectively, at the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, China, becoming the first U.S. women to go 1-2 in the all-around at an Olympic Games.
Who won the 2008 Olympics?
2008 Summer Olympics Medals – Totals by Country
|Total Medals by Country|
Who was the Olympic bar champion in 2008?
18, 2008 – 2008 Olympic all-around champion Nastia Liukin of Parker, Texas, claimed the silver medal on the uneven bars at the 2008 Olympic Games, held at the National Indoor Stadium in Beijing, China, bringing her Olympic medal total to four (one gold, two silver, one bronze).
Who was on 2008 Olympic gymnastics team?
What Are The Members Of The 2008 U.S. Olympic Women’s Gymnastics Team Up To Now?
- Shawn Johnson. Shawn Jonhson competes at the Olympic Games Beijing 2008 on Aug.
- Nastia Liukin. Nastia Liukin competes on the balance beam at the Olympic Games Beijing 2008 on Aug.
- Chellsie Memmel.
- Samantha Peszek.
- Alicia Sacramone.
- Bridget Sloan.
How old were the Chinese gymnasts in 2008?
If you’ve forgotten, here’s what happened in 2008: The questions started even before the games. In a July New York Times article from that year raised questions about the ages of He Kexin and Jiang Yuyuan whose passports said they were 16, but who other reports pegged as 14.
Who was the best gymnast in 2008?
1. Shawn Johnson, USA, 16.225 2. Nastia Liukin, USA, 16.025
- Shawn Johnson, USA, 16.225.
- Nastia Liukin, USA, 16.025.
- Cheng Fei, China, 15.950.
- Anna Pavlova, Russia, 15.900.
- Gabriela Dragoi, Romania, 15.625.
- Li Shanshan, China, 15.300.
- Ksenia Afanasyeva, Russia, 14.825.
- Koko Tsurumi, Japan, 14.450.
How much money did China spend for the 2008 Olympics?
The Cost of the Beijing Olympics When China originally bid on hosting the 2008 Summer Olympics, it estimated the cost at $1.625 billion. Since then, several revised budgets have been released, raising the official cost to over $2 billion.
Who holds No 1 rank in 2008 Beijing Olympics?
2008 Olympic Games Final Medal Rankings
How many medals did China win in 2008?
China won a total of 100 medals, 51 gold, 21 silver, and 28 bronze, which became its largest ever medal tally in Olympic history.
What was Nastia Liukin’s floor score in the 2008 Olympics?
What was Nastia Liukin’s beam score in the 2008 Olympics?
What was Nastia Liukin’s best event?
Liukin again won the U.S. title in 2006, but she sprained her ankle at training camp just before the 2006 world championships. Although she was able to compete only on the uneven bars, she made the best of her one- event appearance, winning the silver medal, along with the team silver.
Is Chellsie Memmel making a comeback?
Chellsie Memmel’s return to gymnastics didn’t start with a plan to get back into competition. Now 32, and a mom of two, Memmel is mounting a comeback as she trains for this summer’s Olympic Games in Tokyo. She announced her intentions last July on her YouTube channel alongside her father — and coach — Andy Memmel.