- 1 What are the levels of Xcel gymnastics?
- 2 What are the age groups for gymnastics?
- 3 What are the requirements for Xcel gold in gymnastics?
- 4 How old are Level 10 gymnasts?
- 5 What level is Simone Biles?
- 6 Is 10 too old to start gymnastics?
- 7 What are level 1 gymnastics skills?
- 8 What is an elite gymnast?
- 9 How many hours should a Level 4 gymnast train?
- 10 What is the difference between Xcel and Jo gymnastics?
- 11 What skills do you need for Xcel bronze?
- 12 What skills do you need for Xcel diamond?
- 13 Is 12 too old to start gymnastics?
- 14 What do Level 10 gymnasts do?
- 15 How many Level 10 gymnasts are there?
What are the levels of Xcel gymnastics?
There are five divisions of Xcel: Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond.
What are the age groups for gymnastics?
Competitive Age: Levels 9-10 i. Hope: 11-12 years of age: must be 11 years of age by December 31st of the calendar year. ii. Junior: 13-15 years of age: must be 13 years of age by December 31st of the calendar year.
What are the requirements for Xcel gold in gymnastics?
Xcel Gold is the third level in the Xcel Gymnastics Program. Gold gymnasts must have the following in their bar routine:
- A minimum of 6 “A” value skills.
- A clear support skill finishing at horizontal or above (ex. cast to horizontal)
- A Circling Skill (not the mount or dismount)
- A Dismount from the high bar.
How old are Level 10 gymnasts?
There are three optional only levels: 8,9, 10. The minimum age for level 8 is 8 years old, while for levels 9 and 10, it is 9 years of age. Level 9 is the second level of optional competition. Its difficulty requirements and expectations are accordingly more difficult than at level 8.
What level is Simone Biles?
|Discipline||Women’s artistic gymnastics|
|Level||Senior international elite|
|Years on national team||2012–2016, 2018–present (US)|
|Gym||World Champions Centre (current) Bannon’s Gymnastix Inc. (2003–2014)|
Is 10 too old to start gymnastics?
Gymnasts who wish to be competitive, but not elite/ collegiate will find that the optimum starting time is between the ages of 6 and 10. Unfortunately many gyms, especially the more competitive ones with several upper-level optionals on their team, will have a cut-off age of how old kids are when started in their team.
What are level 1 gymnastics skills?
Level 1 gymnasts must perform a floor routine with the following skills:
- 3/4 handstand.
- backward roll.
- forward roll.
- split jump with 30 degree leg separation.
What is an elite gymnast?
Elite Program Only athletes at the National Team level are called ” elite gymnasts “. These athletes then compete at the World Championships. In Olympic years, elite gymnasts compete at the Summer Olympics. In order to get to the elite level, a gymnast must pass both the elite compulsory and optional qualifiers.
How many hours should a Level 4 gymnast train?
Level 4 gymnast should come to the gym about 4 -5 days a week. The average amount of hours your gymnast should workout as a level 4 is about 15 hours. That is usually broken up to 3 hours a day during the week.
What is the difference between Xcel and Jo gymnastics?
The biggest difference between JO and Xcel is that where JO has very strict requirements, Xcel’s are more relaxed and allow the gymnast more of a range of skills, as well as more room to train and progress at their own pace.
What skills do you need for Xcel bronze?
About Xcel Bonze
|Bronze Common Skills|
|Handstand Flat Back or Handstand Froward Roll to Matt Stack||Undershoot Dismount||Wolf Jump – Beat Jump|
|Straddle Sole Circle Dismount||Full Turn|
|Front Hip Circle||Round Off Back Handspring (advanced)|
What skills do you need for Xcel diamond?
Diamond gymnasts must have the following in their bar routine:
- 5 “A” & 2 “B” valued skills.
- A clear support skill finishing a min of 45° from vertical.
- Circling Skill – minimum of a “B” value.
- A Release, Pirouette or 2nd Different Circling Skill — minimum of a “B” value.
- A Salto or Hecht dismount from the high bar.
Is 12 too old to start gymnastics?
You can begin gymnastics at almost any age you develop an interest, but you may want to stick with recreational gymnastics if you start older than 12. Starting later than 12 years old may not give you enough time to develop the skills you need to go up against people who have been at it since they were toddlers.
What do Level 10 gymnasts do?
Level 10 is the highest level in the USA Gymnastics Junior Olympics Program. The level is open to women’s artistic, men’s artistic, trampoline, acrobatic and rhythmic gymnasts.
How many Level 10 gymnasts are there?
Out of the 70,000 or so girls who compete in USA Gymnastics nationwide, typically there are only 1,500 level 10’s. Level 10 is the skill level competed in collegiate gymnastics.