- 1 What are the requirements for Xcel gold in gymnastics?
- 2 What is the difference between Xcel and levels in gymnastics?
- 3 How does Excel Gymnastics work?
- 4 What do gymnastics judges look for?
- 5 What are the requirements for Xcel diamond?
- 6 What level is Xcel diamond?
- 7 What level is Simone Biles?
- 8 How many Level 10 gymnasts are there?
- 9 Can Xcel gymnasts go to college?
- 10 What is the highest level of gymnastics?
- 11 What are Level 4 gymnastics skills?
- 12 How many levels are there in Excel gymnastics?
- 13 What is the hardest skill in gymnastics?
- 14 Who is the best gymnast in the world?
- 15 What are 5 deductions gymnasts lose points for?
What are the requirements for Xcel gold in gymnastics?
Xcel Gold is the third level in the Xcel Gymnastics Program. Gold gymnasts must have the following in their bar routine:
- A minimum of 6 “A” value skills.
- A clear support skill finishing at horizontal or above (ex. cast to horizontal)
- A Circling Skill (not the mount or dismount)
- A Dismount from the high bar.
What is the difference between Xcel and levels in gymnastics?
The biggest difference between JO and Xcel is that where JO has very strict requirements, Xcel’s are more relaxed and allow the gymnast more of a range of skills, as well as more room to train and progress at their own pace.
How does Excel Gymnastics work?
The Xcel Program Was Born Kids would join gymnastics and have to take classes for several years before they were invited to join a team program. The Xcel program allows gymnasts to start competing almost right away, by lowering the skill requirements for the entry levels.
What do gymnastics judges look for?
Judges are looking for things like amplitude, expression, maturity, confidence, and personal style on these events in the way that the gymnast performs her routine. Specific deductions are used when a gymnast fails to demonstrate these qualities.
What are the requirements for Xcel diamond?
- BRONZE – athletes must be 5 years old.
- SILVER – athletes must be 6 years old.
- GOLD – athletes must be 7 years old.
- PLATINUM – athletes must be 8 years.
- DIAMOND – athletes must be 9 years old.
What level is Xcel diamond?
The fifth, and highest, level, or division, as it’s called in Xcel gymnastics, is Xcel Diamond. The requirements in Xcel Diamond continue to progress from those in the Platinum division. Gymnasts in the Xcel Diamond division typically have skills that are the equivalent of a DP Level 7 or higher.
What level is Simone Biles?
|Discipline||Women’s artistic gymnastics|
|Level||Senior international elite|
|Years on national team||2012–2016, 2018–present (US)|
|Gym||World Champions Centre (current) Bannon’s Gymnastix Inc. (2003–2014)|
How many Level 10 gymnasts are there?
Out of the 70,000 or so girls who compete in USA Gymnastics nationwide, typically there are only 1,500 level 10’s. Level 10 is the skill level competed in collegiate gymnastics.
Can Xcel gymnasts go to college?
If you wanted to compete in college, yes you would have to switch to JO. Colleges usually take gymnasts who have competed in either level 9 or 10.
What is the highest level of gymnastics?
ELITE: This is the top level in gymnastics. Only 2% of all gymnasts will compete at this level. Competitions are held at the National and International levels. The gymnasts at this level represent the USA in most international competitions including the Olympics.
What are Level 4 gymnastics skills?
Level 4 Bar Skills:
- Straddle or pike glide kip.
- Cast to horizontal, return to support (legs together)
- Cast squat/pike on, OR squat/pike on, tuck sole circle, jump to high bar.
- Long hang kip.
- Cast to horizontal (legs together)
- Back hip circle.
- Counterswing to 30° below horizontal (straddle on backswing ok)
How many levels are there in Excel gymnastics?
There are five divisions of Xcel: Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond.
What is the hardest skill in gymnastics?
The Produnova It takes a daredevil to perform a Produnova, the hardest Vault in Women’s Gymnastics.
Who is the best gymnast in the world?
World Artistic Gymnastics Championships
|1||Simone Biles||United States|
|4||Larisa Latynina||Soviet Union|
What are 5 deductions gymnasts lose points for?
If there’s no fall, the maximum deduction cannot exceed 0.80.
- 0.10 Deduction. legs apart on landing. staggered legs on landing.
- 0.30 Deduction. large loss of balance. large step (wider than one meter)
- 0.50 Deduction. deep squat.
- 1.00 Deduction. support on apparatus with one hand. support on apparatus with two hands.